Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Year Anniversary

I'm sorry it has been so long since I've updated my blog.  No news is good news however.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer December 1, 2010...... ONE YEAR AGO!!!!  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it seems like a life time ago.  Unbelievable.

I am doing wonderful and feeling well.  I had my 3 month check up last month and all my blood work is normal... Praise God.  I have to admit that a recurrence is always in the back of my mind but I don't obsess about it.  I'm thankful for today and that's all that matters.

Check out my hair :)  It came back snow white and curly.  I've decided to leave the color natural ..... it's growing on me.  I recently got a haircut and the curls are gone.  I'm sad about that, I really liked the ringlets.  It's great to have hair again, although the hair on my legs could have stayed away forever...hahaha. 

I'd like to wish each of you a very blessed Christmas and happy and HEALTHY 2012.

With Love,
Connie

5 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! Merry Christmas to you too!! Love your hair. You and your sister are living examples of His healing touch. Thank you Jesus!!
    Love ya,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie - My 10th anniversary with no return of cancer as a stage T1c HER2 pos who never did Herceptin comes up on 1/3/12... I'm 60... I did CAFx6 (ughhhh), rads and a brief run of tamoxifen... You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea-PRAISE GOD. To him be the Glory. You are so very beautiful. I know at times it must have been slow and now that year has past. I am so very, very happy for you. Merry Christmas to both of you.

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those anniversaries are just so wonderful, and each year I'm more thankful! I am approaching 4 years since my diagnosis. I can't believe it. I know how you feel about the little anxiousness, etc. Every time I hear of someone who has had that cancer return, I wonder, will I be next. But if we take each day as a gift and live it to the fullest, then we have truly lived!
    I love your hair! Mine came in straight as a poker and very fine. I had always had this thick, coarse hair with lots of body. Now, it is fly away straight. I feel like a young teen ager just learning how to handle my hair and find what I'm comfortable with.

    I'm still lovin' that smile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Connie!! I'm so thrilled to hear that you are feeling so good. Love the hair...mine came back curly with salt and pepper, too. :)

    ReplyDelete