Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Have SURVIVED !!!!!!!

I know it's been a little while since I've updated my blog....sorry.  Chemo is a thing of the past (deep sigh).  It sounds so good to say that.  I still feel fatigued easily but getting stronger every day.  I will see the doctor every 3 months for the first year and have blood work done to watch my liver counts and cancer marker numbers. 

This Saturday is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  I am so proud of our little school (ECC team) who has raised over $1,500 for the cure.  My friends have designed a T-shirt honoring myself and a fellow co-worker and co-survivor, Eva.  I think our team has over 35 people at last count.  We are going to have so much fun, I'm so excited and honored.   I'm not brave enough to attempt the 5K, still too soon for that.... I'll be walking the 1 mile family fun walk.  Pray the rain holds off until after the race.

We had a wonderful Easter.  Spent the weekend with family in Tulsa.  Our 3 year old grandson had such a good time and is so stinkin cute, he loves hanging out with Mimi and Pappy. I have to admit that he wore me smack out though, lol.  If I could have 1/100th of his energy I would be good.  I will have him for a week in June so I better be working on my strength or I'll never make it.

I will try and update my blog occasionally and check in with everyone.  I will be working on losing some weight and building my stamina, walking and bike riding.  Wishing each of you health and happiness.  Until next time, may God bless and watch over you.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you Easter Sunday, and to hug your neck! Praise God your Chemo is done! I had my 2 grandson's Thurs. night and Friday, ages 3 & 5 while their momma was delivering their new brother Nathan...I'll tell you...this Nina was worn out! Boy can they go..and go, and go, and go. Love ya, and will keep praying for you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I was just thrilled to read that you were now finally through with chemo. Isn't that such a relief?! Just last week I heard about the Race for the Cure in the Fayetteville area. Guess how I learned about it? My husband, Dwain's cousin Steve Lair is one of the sponsors. He's very involved. He's been going over to Fayetteville two days a week for ages working out the details. I had no idea he was doing that. My daughter, Jayme, is running in the Salt Lake City Race for the Cure next Saturday. I'm so deeply touched. She's been training for weeks. Her Facebook profile picture is of her wearing her assigned shirt with the race number. Please keep updating your blog so we can know how you're doing -- just every day stuff. We have to stick together. lol -Megan-

    ReplyDelete