Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Results Are In.....

Finally the waiting is over.  The biopsies of my breast mass and the lymph node are both positive, grade 3 which is aggressive.  Boy, those are words I never dreamed I'd hear. 

I meet with the genetic counselor in the morning, followed by a breast MRI.  We meet with the surgeon at 1:00 and should have a better idea of what's in store after that.

I received this poem from my sweet niece and it about sums it up:

Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.

To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's God given will.
To my cancer, these words I do send,
Your life is short and near the end.

Amen.............

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Scott gave us a GREAT verse last night that I wanted to pass along to you.

    2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

    ReplyDelete